i am looking for a tshirt that i saw on ricky rachtman (sp) former host of headbangers ball...it reads "Dave Mustaine for President." If anyone knows where i can get one please lemme know..
I went thru many stages in my adoration for music..so i can basically say i am well rounded when it comes to music..
1. annie: was obsessed...got my first taste of showtunes..
2. the 80s--loved Laura Brannigan, John Cougar & Men @ Work...my mum got me an orange mic for my bday..i used to wrap scarves around my neck and blare "Gloria." RIP-Laura...had crushes on Stuart Adamson (Big Country) Alex Van Halen (Van Halen) Jon Moss (Culture Club).
My dad also played us stevie, aretha, otis, wilson, earth wind & fire, gap band, rick james a lot...oh yeah and michael jackson...my cuz dana had a pic of him on her wall clad in a yellow vest with bow tie (hubba huba)
3. Junior high: definitely guns & roses, skid row, throw in some madonna, inxs...i asked my mum to go to the gnr show and she said "No, its going to be too wild!" Later, she found out that gnr is the best band ever..inxs was my first concert and some "teenager" threw up on me...it was so cool!
4. First years of High School--i was into dance music..then got really into "Yo, MTV Raps!" My fave show..i used to run home & watch Dr. Dre & Ed Lover...my fave tunes from my rap days were Twin Hype's, "Do It To the Crowd, Kwame''s "I Think His Name is Kwame," Slick Rick's "Children Story," and finally Kool Moe Dee's, "$" ---"a lil kiss on the cheek maybe, but i aint trying to make no baby.."
5. End of High School-Discovered the Smiths (finally!!!) Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains & Soundgarden..i think this was my fave time in music...i had recently been cheated on by my high school boyfriend so Morrisey helped out a lot...as for the Seattle scene..i wore so much flannel, ripped jeans & docs that my dad had to stage an intervention and bought me a dress...
6. College...i started out obsessed with U2 and Pearl Jam...became a dj at school and got into the Afghan Whigs and my boy, rip, Jeff Buckley...jeff buckley also helped me thru stupid college boyfriends...my music at the time depended on my boyfriend or my friends..a was into dave matthews for a mth...then i got into foo fighters, janes addiction, zeppelin (a lil late sorry)..Oh and then i really got into catherine wheel, james & midnight oil and rage against the machine
7. Post college--had a dumb boyfriend again who introduced me to radiohead and bowie...when i hear anything from early bowie--it makes me nauseous...sorry d. bowie, just reminds me of my fat, ugly, cheating ex..
8. Scottie!!! When i met scott ---i found him...my music equal--loved the same stuff but gave me some crowded house (split enz), robbie williams, simple minds, zeppelin..we actually played "kashmir" at our wedding--hilarious!!
9. now? i kind alisten to "everything"...dont you hate when people say that? I can basically say the following, " I hate country, Sheryl Crow, Jessica Simpson..." Everything else is ok...i will always love the beatles..i once heard some girl at a bar say that she hated the beatles...i walked up to her and said, "you should wash your mouth out with soap right now!" But whatever your taste..stand up for it...because im gonna go over to the jukebox and play everything from nwa to abc....