k8's escapades

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sayings that i detest

Being in corporate america in what seemed forever...i have my most hated sayings...here's a go at it..

1. "FYI" (for your information)this red headed nightmare (not me) used to come up and say "FYI" kate..blah blah blah...hate it..

2. LOL-i hate it when people actually use it conversations like "yeah, i was totally like "LOL"

3. "She's/he's good people" or "She/he is a good egg." I dont even think that is grammatically correct...people should just drive themsleves to the nursing home while saying this...

4. "It's all good" "you go Girl" :Schizzle my nizzle.."anytime a white girl/guy tries to prove they have soul or a connection to the hood...its honestly quite embarrasing...

5. "i'm gellin like magellan" "i'm off like a prom dress" --who is the marketing dept for these in soles...they need to be shot...although i hate these, "i'm heading out like a baby" is quite funny..

6. Snail Mail--what brain surgeon made this up?

7. No big whoop...Stuart Smalley..anything that is overquoted from SNL...like when people say "yeah, he totally is my boyfriend...NOT!" Sorry to inform you but Wayne's World came out like 10 years ago..oh yeah overused movie quotes are the worst..."ALRIGHTY THEN!!!"

8. "He/she shit the bed!"--i dont need to know about your bowels while doing biz...

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Boski93 said...

I going to agree with you whole heartily on this one even though I will say I am guilty of two transgressions. One is I do say rarely that "he or she is good people". So I will be off to the retirement community this afternoon.

Secondly, the fosizzle my nizzle issue. I only use it for comedic affect. Hearing me say it, a man that both Wonder Bread and Miracle Whip call pale, makes it more absurd. This to me still garners a chuckle.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Meaghan said...

At one job, my friends and I created "Wanker Word Bingo," whereby we would keep track of all the gross corporate words or phrases uttered by our bosses in meetings. Our bosses eventually became suspicious when one day we simultaneously poised our pens above our notebooks after mention was made of the need to "drink to kool-aid" so as the keep our "clicks and bricks" venture afloat.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger BubbaRayGracie said...

As someone raised on the mean streets of Newton (02158, yall!) I whole heartedly agree with #4.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home